Thursday, April 30, 2009

My sweet grandma

Last week my sweet grandma passed away. As always funerals are sad, but one good thing is that it brings family together. Her funeral was held in Idaho, so we went there for a few days. My grandma was very sick and has been for years. She suffered from Huningtons disease and has been sick since I could remember. She was such an amazing woman and acomplished many things in her life before she got sick. She had her own children's tv show and opened up Mother Gooseland in Island park, and she was also an amazing writer. While at her funeral I heard many great stories and learned alot about her. I am happy that she is finally in a better place.It was very nice to hang out with family and see people that I had not seen in years.
Here is a poem that she wrote

The Real War
It's not the wars of combat
That wounds the tender heart,
Nor anger in the battlefield
that tears a soul apart.
Nor words, or knives, and cannons
or bombers from above;
This happens right inside you
And not from Hate- but Love.

5 comments:

Breea said...

I was so sorry to hear about th passing. It is amazing/sad how you get to know someone so much better at their funeral. She sounds like a really smart and accomplished woman and I love that poem.

Jenna and Tyler said...

I'm sorry Ash - that is so sad.But good that she is in a better place... We need to plan another time to get together..let me know when.

Ruth and Steve said...

Hope you and your family are doing well. At least we have the Plan of Salvation to help us through tough times like this. I also, loved the poem. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

I love the poem and the pictures from Idaho are so cute!

Audrey said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm glad you found our blog. I have been meaning to look for your blog, but I have had very limited access to the internet. I should have access next month...I hope. Thanks for letting us borrow your husband to help us paint. We would have been there all night if he didn't come over and help us. Hope everything is going well.